Monday, February 7, 2011

Orly bottles used to look like that?

Hello All!

First off, I had wanted to do a little test with the Zoya polishes that I have been loving for the last couple of months.  I have always had soft, brittle nails that often broke and split like nobody's business. So I decided to put Zoya Valerie to the test (which I still less than three with all my might).  After swatching it, I wore it as my mani...with no base or top coat to see if it would effect the chipping.  Now, I've tried every freaking combo with base and top coat, but I'm super rough on my nails, so they chip.  They chip a lot! So I just wanted to see how it would stand up to wear and tear without any help.

Well it did great!  Check it out:
There was very little tip wear and only a couple of chips.  And I've been wearing it for 4 days!  That might not seem like a lot, but with me it is.  I have to say this is the longest mani I've had in months, so many pretties to try...




Anyways, on to the swatching!

I decided to pullout some of my oldies that I haven't used in like forever.  Or 14 years, if my research is correct.  Quickly looking online, Orly came out with a matte collection around 1997ish, and I have three of them.  I think Orly may have been one of the first to do so, and I remember thinking it was the coolest idea ever!
Orly Satin Gala  
Satin Gala is a dark burgundy matte that has a red shimmer to it.  It is quite lovely.  I used 2 coats and my index finger has a top coat on it.  I must say, that it was quite shiny without the top coat, but man does it sparkle with it! As like any other matte, it dried very quickly and for being 14 yrs old the formula was freaking awesome if a little thin. 
Orly Satin Illusion 

Satin Illusion is a heart breaker!  It is a nearly opaque periwinkle with a strong olive shimmer/matte.  It rocks my socks off!  Again this is 2 coats with topcoat on my index finger.  It is so gorgeous!  There is almost a golden undertone to the olive matteness of it and I need to wear this more often.  It deserves to be taken out and shown a good time!


     
Orly Satin Patina
Wow, an awesome peridot matte. Even in the matte you can see the phenomenal mossy shimmer it has.  This has the least distinction between the matte and the topcoat finish (index finger again).


Well, my pics are slowly getting better.  I have very few windows in my apartment and even fewer lamps, so lighting is a definite issue for me, and as you can tell, my camera does not like to focus up close.  Sigh.  I will keep practicing, but these colors were amazing.  I totally forgot I had them, and now I want to take them out to play.  I have more  old vintage Orlys that I will be putting up later this week.  The pictures are better, I swear!!!

Thanks and have a good one!

Luci

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...