Sunday, April 24, 2011

Double Rainbow...

Hey All!

Today:  little words:  much pictures.  Me John, Big tree!

Here's some old Sally Hansen Nail Prisms.  I swatched them on base coat only, 1 coat Essie Playa de Platinum and 1 coat Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Black Out, frankly I wanted to see what was my preference of layering.  I am not a huge fan of layering, I should be able to get the color of the bottle in 1-2 coats (hah!) and I tend to be a purist when it comes to colors.  Well, I've been neglecting these beauties because I can't stand doing any more than 3 coats.  Listen, I'm a Dragon, I'm distracted by shiny things and waiting for anything with 3+ coats to dry is beyond my capabilities.  I tend to get cranky.  And destroy villages.

So here we go!

Sally Hansen Nail Prisms

I did same colors on the same fingers for each swatch: (right to left in above pic)
Thumb:  Diamond
Index: Amber Ruby
Middle: Platinum Plum
Ring: Ruby Sapphire
Pinkie: Turquoise Opal

Diamond 
Amber Ruby


Platinum Plum

Ruby Sapphire

Turquoise Opal



One coat on CG Strong Adhesion Base Coat

2 Coats on CG Strong Adhesion Base Coat


Ehh.  They're pretty enough but I do NOT do VNL (what proper Dragon would?)!  Amber Ruby and Ruby Sapphire are ok with only the 2 coats, but the rest would need at least another 1-3 to make me happy.

2 Coats over Essie PdP

I didn't realize that my photos with only 1 coat all came out fuzzy!  Oh well.  *Total tanget alert*  Listening to Pandora radio online and "Rock Me Amadeus" by Falco is playing!   "I'm a Danish, I'm a Danish! Rock me I'm a Danish!"  Or alternatively: "Apple Danish, Apple Danish..."  <3 *Tangent alert over*  I didn't really like the one coat look anyway, the 2nd coat made a difference. The duochrome really comes out!  I don't own any white polishes (yet) so PdP is my base layering color, when I do layer.

1 Coat over SHXW Black Out

2 Coats over SHXW Black Out   
Lurv.  I'z in totally Lurv.  So much so that I have broken my rule of not talking like a 12 yr old on a sugar high.  Talk about gorgeousness!  The duochromes are amazing, and I kind of like the black edge almost framing the colors!  This is my winner by a landslide.   Here, look at more pictures!  No, no, I insist!

One angle where the last 3 look like dupes...




Ha Ha!  Just kidding.  We're  motherfucking AWESOME!

Fiery Opal on my Thumb!


So now I have to decide which one I'm actually going to wear as my mani.  Who am I kidding, I'm gonna do all five!


Thanks and have a good one!


Luci  <(")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...