Sunday, April 26, 2015

One more time...with FEELING!

Hello all!

Well, I'm starting to sound like a broken record.  As most of you understand, life happens.  Since I've last updated this blog, I've lived me a life.  Most importantly, I made my biggest decision ever to give up a fairly well paying job that I absolutely loathed and went to live in my sister's basement for 5 months. :)   Along with that came my farewell to the always sunny Philadelphia area and a warm hello to my family friendly city of Cleveland.  I miss Philly, but have had zero regrets about my move.  I'm in a better place emotionally and psychologically.  I have plans for the future, and though I'm not exactly where I want to be, I can honestly say that I am on the road to happy.  And in the indelible words of Ani DiFranco:  "If you're not getting happier as you get older, then you're fucking up."  


So, back to the polish.  I have started to (kind of) regularly post on Instagram, where you can find me here: @AndziaWolski  and/or Tumblr here: @andzia18 .  They are much quicker mediums to post and I can try to remember to upload my stuff that way. In theory. That being said, I miss writing, so I am going to try to post here once a week to start off with.  I'm not looking to compete with any of the amazing blogs out there, which I check several times a week.  All of the polishes, I have bought or received as gifts from friends, and I know the chances of me ever getting any collections to review are slim, and I'm okay with that.  I am here because I love the polish and it makes me happy.  And I love to share things that make me happy.  

So if you happen to stumble upon this little piece of happiness and want to leave a comment, that's cool.  Or don't.  I lurk at many blogs and don't join in on the conversation, but I appreciate all of the amazing artistic things I see out there.  I will also be starting another blog that will focus on my other nerdy interests, primarily tabletop games, all things languages and linguistics (WORDS!  ALL THE WORDS!), books and entertainment, and finally whatever shiny piece of nerdiness that grabs my attention at that moment.  If you're interested, then you can go here: Don't put me in a box.


On to the actual nails!
Here is a spam post of some of the mani's I've done but not posted anywhere in the last 2 years.

Catrice: Shopping Day at Bluemingdales

I recently obsessed over this color, which is much more purple in real life (of course it is).  I added two of the newer Finger Paints flakie top coats (clear base not the more yellowy ones) on top (can't remember which ones..oops) and it was lovely!.  I was able to pick up a shit load of Catrices last year when I visited my mom in Poland. The drug stores in that small town love it when I visit!  I can't remember which chain I was at but it was BOGO which was fantastic!

CND  Effects over black


Completely forgot I had these!  When I was the "Basement resident of 2014" (there have been others! my family is very awesome and have huge hearts!)  I had the majority of my polishes in storage and I became really freaked out when we started having seriously cold temps.  Highs in the single digits.  Fortunately, I only lost a total of 2 bottles, which, one, I really didn't care about (a double ended Revlon ... I wasn't a huge fan of them anyways) and my absolute favorite color China Glaze Exotic Encounters!  I don't buy back-ups due to finances and space, however this was the rare occasion where I had!  WOOT!  Crisis avoided.  So since I've moved into my new place I  have started the end all of nail polish projects:  THE CATALOG!  Simultaneously, I am working on updating an excel file with all of my polishes, plus ALL THE SWATCHES!  And when I'm done with that, I think I may reorganize.  We'll see.   

So I have a habit of buying toppers...and never using them.  So this was me trying to use them.  And remind myself what they even looked like.  Aaaaand, I wish I remembered which order I did them in. I'm pretty sure that my thumb was Jade Sparkle and my ring was Sapphire Sparkle.  My index is probably Emerald Shimmer and then I have Amethyst Sparkle and Crimson Sparkle, but I thought I didn't find Crimson until after I did this skittle mani.  Well, I suck.  

Matte Googly Eyes


Here was one of the Halloween manis I did for 2014. I used Sally Hanses Xtreme Wear Chain Mail. My clean up here was pretty lazy.  But I freaking LOVED this.  And it chipped off within 24 hours. Sad face.

The next 6 are from 2013 and I'm going to id them the best I can.

I wished I remembered
Many of my uploads are either from my car or my desk.  It's usually when I either remember or have the best light.  I believe the index and pinkie are Butter London Petrol over black. The timings right on for that one (Nov 2013) and the middle and ring... look like some jaged flakies over black and then mattified.  I'll have to try to recreate it.  I like it!

I love Olive!

This one may be China Glaze Westside Warrior, which is one of my favorites, with a glitter top coat. Best I can do for this one.

Halloween 2013 With OPI Black Spotted

I was able to order a bottle of OPI Black Spotted through Zulily while I was waiting for my next trip to Poland to collect the bottle I had my niece find for me!  Not sure of the base colors, and my ring has a black crackle...possible OPI as well.

All the sparkle

I had a slight obsession where I was throwing China Glaze Fairy Dust ON EVERYTHING.  Because of reasons.  


Mystery prettiness
 My best guess is that these were part of Zoya's autumn collections probably Channing with some gold glitter on top.  I don't have Maria Luisa, but I think I was trying to recreate that with what I had.

Leather?
And finally this one was definitely the Maybelline Vintage Leather collection.  High Style Sienna and Antique Teal.  I love the idea but I don't remember loving these that much.  

Well thanks for checking in here, and hopefully I can share some more happiness here in the future. 

Go find your happy!  <(")

Andzia (formerly signing off as Luci)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...